[ExchangeList] Re: use dynamic ip address for mail server

  • From: "Ara Avvali" <Ara.Avvali@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 11:39:04 -0700

Faranheit.com

________________________________

From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Howard Rappaport
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 11:35 AM
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] Re: use dynamic ip address for mail server

Should work; what is the domain?

From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ara Avvali
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 2:22 PM
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] use dynamic ip address for mail server

Greetings,

We want to host a mail server at a DSL line which is dynamic. Getting
static will cost a lot of money at the location so we got a linksys
router that support dyndns.org and created a record for
domain.dyndns.org. Put the router in front of mail server and forwarded
tcp 25 to mail server. Then we create a CNAME in DNS server that
mail.domain.com points to domain.dyndns.org. Then there is an MX record
with 10 priority mail.domain.com.

Would this work? It is almost 24 hours and dnsreport still says there is
no proper mx record configured.

I appreciate any help on this one