urgent - Public Info Store unable to view (permissions)

  • From: marko@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 00:09:38 -0700

Greetings all,

We have encountered a severe error in Exchange 2000 (SP3)
that has resulted in the inability to mount the Public
Information Store. The installation is basic
configuration , i.e. First Storage Group with priv1.edb,
pub1.edb, etc, and in Native mode (no 5.5 servers)

When we run the System Manager and view the "Folders"
under System Manager -> First Admin Group -> Folders there
is no Public Folders folder. We attempted to re-create,
however, an error message was generated saying the folder
already existed. We believe this is a permissions problem
with the folder, however, we can not view the folder to
alter permissions.

Furthermore, we have attempted a restore and the problem
is persisting. ESEUTIL for intrgeity check and repair came
up with no errors. This indicates there is no problems
with the edb / stm files.

Can anybody assist with tools or ideas that can assist.

Note when we attempt to mount the Public Information stoe
the following error is generated in the Event logs

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9519
Date:  21/03/2003
Time:  10:06:30 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: BABOON
Error 0x8004010f starting database "First Storage
Group\1823d026-0fc7-455f-8240-934561fe3cf5" on the
Microsoft Exchange Information Store.
Look up of DB Info failed.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,