RE: strange process running on one of my serve rs

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:37:58 -0400

Naboth Semwayo <naboths@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Its not enough to have a good antivirus software anymore is it??

No. You need multiple layers of protection:

1) Modern & Intelligent Firewall
2) AV on gateway, servers, and clients
3) Attachment blocking
4) Client policies restricing the execution of potentially harmful programs
5) Email client restricting the same
6) User education - tell them what they can open and what to look out for
7) No Internet surfing or reading email directly on servers

>  What good cooparate product can I get to stop these malicios codes and
> trojans from entering my network at the proxy gateway??

You cannot rely on one layer (or even two) of protection.

Personally, I have had good experience with Fortinet
(www.fortinet.com) Fortigate AV Firewalls, Postfix as my mail MX &
Gateway, and in addition to the my multi-layer suggestions (1-7)
above, I use TrendMicro ScanMail for Exchange as well.

>  I am running Symantec Coorp Edition and trend Scanmail on my Exchange!!

See above. But, also check to see that your updates are automatically
being downloaded every hour.

Hope this helps.

..D