RE: still unable to recevie mail from all domains...only a few

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:15:53 -0800

By loopback do you mean 127.0.0.1? If so, that means that if a spammer is
able to figure out how to get some process on that server to send e-mail,
your server will freely relay that.

Why would you have the IP of the firewall in allow relay? What that means is
if a spammer is able to send e-mail to your server through your firewall for
some one else, your server will freely relay that.

John Tolmachoff

Engineer/Consultant/Owner

eServices For You