some domains dropped connections

  • From: adda ihsan <amihsan72@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 18:24:06 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All,

We are having problem with our Exchange 2000 server in which some outgoing
emails to certain domains (like yahoo.com) are delayed and finally dropped. The
message link queues properties show message "Connection is dropped by remote
host".

This has been going on for quite a while and we are wondering whether something
has gone wrong in our server's setting. Our server is behind raptor firewall
which doesn't have any restriction for outgoing, and only restrict smtp to go
in.

Any help will greatly be appreciated..

Regards,

Adda