RE: smtpvs, smtps and single natted ip

  • From: "Harondel J. Sibble" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:48:09 -0800

On 16 Nov 2005 at 20:45, Simon Butler wrote:

> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> Simple.
> Put a second internal IP address on to the Exchange server, then
> configure each of the SMTP VS to use one or other of the IP addresses.
> Then on your NAT device, send port 25 to one IP and the other port to
> the other IP.

Got it I think, what's confusing me is the second ip address internally. Are
you suggesting I hookup the second nic in the server, give it a different ip
address and then nat that, or are you saying to alias another address to the
same nic that currently accepts on port 25?
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting