[ExchangeList] Re: setup autoresponder message in owa or at least server side

  • From: "Simon Whale" <simonwhale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:54:58 +0100

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Have a look at GFI mail
essentials.. this has the autoresponder
functionality in it

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Harondel J. Sibble
Sent: 24 April 2006 17:51
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] setup autoresponder message in owa or at least
server side

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------I've been googling
but so far havent come with any thing other than 3rd party
tools that seem to do a lot more than I need.

Have an Exchange 2003 server with, client machines running a mix of Outlook
2000 and 2003 (in the process of migrating all the machines).

Company has a mailbox jobs@xxxxxxxxxxx for all employment enquiries, resumes

etc.  This mailbox is only accessed via OWA since multiple people need to
acces it/monitor it regularly.  The onsite admin used the OOF assistance to
reply to incoming message, however HR doesn't want the OOF message to go
out,
they want something along the lines of

    Subject: AUTORESPONDER: Thanks for you employment enquiry
    Body: Thank you for contacting us regarding employment, this is an
automated
    response to let you know we've received your information and we'll be
    contacting you shortly.

I used Outlook 2000 and logged in over the VPN, tried to use the rules
wizard
and when I click finish it says:

    There is not enough space on the Microsoft Exchange Server to store all
your
    rules.  The rules that failed to upload have been deactivated

I had a read through the various KB on this error articles and realize that
using the rules wizard is likely a waste of time since there doesn't seem to

be a way adjust the rules via OWA and trying to fix the the number of rules
that are already over the 32k limit is too complicated.

So, what do folks recommend I do to accomplish the autoresponser
functionality?

Thanks
--
Harondel J. Sibble