RE: setting up domain name aliases

  • From: Göran Svensson <goran@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 18:31:02 +0100

Im quite happy to have it working, and the restart goes fast. It is not good
but when it comes to MS nothing suprises me!

/gs

Does that seem right to you?  That Microsoft would make a system that is
touted as being more available than any previous version require a store
restart for something as simple as the acceptance of a new domain???  That
they would do that without having another way to accomplish this?

Have a search for store caching and what that implies in this situation.
That's been around since the 5.x days and it's designed to enhance
performance.  In your case, it may not be helpful as configured out of the
box.

There is also the prerequisite that Active Directory replication is working
properly since the DS2MB process gets it's information from the domain where
it's stored and written by the ESM.  So there's some moving parts that have
to be accounted for when figuring how long it should take.

Al