RE: setting up an a.u.t.o-r.e.p.l.y in outlook

  • From: Rick Boza <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:30:00 -0400

You could certainly use an event sink to make this work on an Exchange
server.  Similarly, assuming you don;t disable auto-replies on Exchange, you
could probably duplicate this effect using message journaling for that user,
and journaling to a mailbox where you set up a server-side auto reply rule
as well.

On 8/19/05 5:56 AM, "Marcel Stangenberger" <marcel.stangenberger@xxxxx>
wrote:

> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> I tried this some time ago but could not find a good solution for it.
> Exchange does have a "trick" for this but this has some implications
> like not working when connected with an mapi client to that mailbox.
>
> In the end we decided to copy all incoming e-mail for this account to a
> unix machine running postfix and let postfix send the auto reply (using
> procmail).
>
> Gr,
>
> Marcel

Rick Boza
Protechnica ­ Technology Solutions Simplified
email: rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
407-656-9744
Visit us on the web at http://www.protechnica.net