send mail with different FROM: address

  • From: "adrian bolzan" <abolzan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:30:43 +1100

Hi,

I have moved a number of accounts from a linux server to an Exchange
server.
In the past, we could set up a number of POP3/SMTP accounts in Outlook
that used different FROM addreses, such that the users could choose the
relevant account/email address to display in their outgoing email.

I have checked the msexchane archives and found some disturbing
messages.

Is it true that there is no simple way for a user to choose a different
email address to send from, even if they are configured to receive
emails at that address?
e.g. Our users receive messages for both of the following email
addresses (configured in AD):
adrian@xxxxxxxxxxx  <--- primary
adrian@xxxxxxxxxxx

but wish to send from the @domain2.com email address.

One post mentioned tools/add-ins to do this.  Would someone know what
they maybe?

Best regards,

adrian