rpc over http/s

  • From: "Byron \(Yahoo\)" <snail945@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 22:49:16 -0800

Haven't done this in about 8 months and am stuck on a new system build trying to enable rpc over http/s

Windows 2003 server SP1 (DC, GC, DNS)
EXCH 2003 SP2

All running on the same OS/hardware.

I have a public ssl cert, but am debugging just using http to keep it simple.

Going back through my documentation, I have:

- Added RPC over http proxy
- Configured the RPCvirtual directory, enabled basic auth and disabled anonymous access
- Currently not forced to require ssl

- SSL cert is installed

-Configured RPC Proxy to use ports as follows in registry
   - GC 6001 store
   - GC 6002 DS Ref
   - GC 6004 DSProxy

- Configured RPC to use default ports for internal

- Configured GC to use RPC over http for directory services

I'm going back through everything now again, but can't find what i'm missing.

http and https are allowed to the static nat on the server through the firewall.

OWA works great, as does internal traditional RPC and smtp.

thanks for any clues.  I'm banging my old head on this one.

byron