RE: restore help

  • From: "Lomker, Michael" <mlomker@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 14:47:10 -0500

 > I wish I had gotten this advice before we did all that... it possibly could
 > have saved us a lot of time and the $300
>  for the MS tech.

You probably did the right thing, anyway.  The simple solutions generally have
long-term consequences that might not be obvious at the time.  If you mess up
the directory you could end up with a machine with very peculiar problems that
you cannot figure out....users that can't get or send mail one day but can the
next...etc.  Been there, done that by running a hard repair on the directory.
It's taken quite a bit of time to iron out the results of that.