[ExchangeList] Re: reset password

  • From: "James Chong" <jchong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 09:33:25 -0400

This is by design. There is a work around in the article, though I have
not tested this or don't know the full implications of the registry mod.

CAUSE

The client is not logged on to the domain that the password is changed
in, or to a trusted domain. Therefore, the client cannot establish a
remote procedure call (RPC) connection to the Local Security Authority
(LSA) to change the password.

Client unable to change Windows NT or Windows 2000 password

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/236111/

James Chong (MVP)

MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+

msexchangetips.blogspot.com