RE: public folders

  • From: dcherry <exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 04:37:15 -0400

I am using exchange 2000 but the public folders don't show on the web mail I have service pack2 installed.

At 01:28 PM 6/6/2002 -0500, you wrote:

http://www.MSExchange.org/ - Re-Vamped!

> How can I run them in corporate mode they are connected via > the Internet not VPN?

I've done it a number of times but it isn't the simplest thing to do from the standpoint of name resolution. If you aren't experienced then I wouldn't recommend it.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q155831

> mail, POP3 or IMAP. Don't even mention VPN it has never
> worked.

I won't support software VPN's either. If it doesn't run on Citrix then I install a hardware firewall.

> login screen and that's it. My public folders work as long as your
> connected to the lan but public folders don't even show up in
> web mail. I

I thought you said you were using Exchange 2k? Exchange 2k does support public folders in web access but 5.5 does not.