RE: public folders

  • From: dcherry <exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 02:12:53 -0400

How can I run them in corporate mode they are connected via the Internet not VPN? Maybe I am missing something here but I have never been able to get connected to the exchange server through the Internet except for web mail, POP3 or IMAP. Don't even mention VPN it has never worked. I get a login screen and that's it. My public folders work as long as your connected to the lan but public folders don't even show up in web mail. I am using this program for calender sharing (URL link below) http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/MSDN-FILES/027/001/831/msdncompositedoc.xml

PS. I may be a little green with Exchange, so if I ask a stupid question just slap me and call me a newbie.

At 12:12 PM 6/6/2002 -0500, you wrote:
http://www.MSExchange.org/ - Re-Vamped!

> I have OWA setup and can gain access to email and contacts > and calender but > not public folders nor can I access delegates. Also I set up

You have to have the NNTP service running in order for public folders to work. Make sure that you didn't stop it.

By "delegates" I assume that you want to be able to open up a secondary mailbox. You can't do that in OWA. Some of my users wish that it worked as well.

> a client with
> outlook using IMAP is there any way to get the non email
> items to look
> right the contacts show up as email the appointments show up
> as email.

No. If your users have reasonable bandwidth then you should just run them in the regular corporate mode.