RE: please your opinion is important for backup

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:01:06 -0500

If you have multiple exchange servers in your organization you will
never ever use the removeorg option. At least I cannot think of a
scenario in which you would do so.

So, disasterrecovery is a much more likely scenario.

Have you read the Disaster Recovery Operations Guide?

If you do a removeorg, then to be able to restore a database you will
have to rebuild the new organization to be EXACTLY THE SAME as the old
org. That is, the same organization name and the same administrative
group name.

To do a direct restore, you will also have to have the same server name
and the same disk layout on the recovery server.

You cannot remove the Exchange modifications from the schema.