RE: multiple FE servers & a failover

  • From: "Depp, Dennis M." <deppdm@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:06:52 -0500

Round Robin DNS will do load balancing, but not failover.  The load
balancing will be very simplistic and not based on location or load.
You can look at Microsoft Load Balancing (requires Server 20003 or W2k
Enterprise), but you will need a common subnet between your machines.
This would provide loadbalancing and failover protection.  Based on your
comment about location, I don't think this is the case.

Denny

  _____