RE: mm worms on M: exchange 2000

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:45:11 -0700

And you will continue to chase your tail until you use a AV product capable
of properly scanning messages for malicious content, including password
protected encrypted zip files which no AV software can scan inside. They
have to relay on file names and message body content to create the signature
with.

What exact Symantec product are you using?

FYI, AV removal tools are generally for the desktop, not for data stores
like the Exchange IS.

John T
eServices For You