Re: migration tool

  • From: Bill Beighe <bbeighe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:33:59 -0700 (PDT)

It was worth the pain to be free of Lotus Notes. I thought it went rather well
all things
considered. 300 users, 1 weekend.

The former notes mail did not have virus protection and had many messages with
viruses. Former IS
management did not see the need for virus protection on Notes. I noticed that
messages with
viruses caused a fair amount of problems with the migration.

Our users are very happy today to be free of Notes and to have virus and spam
protection, not to
mention all the features that Exchange/Outlook offers, many of which are
superior to Notes. Sorry
to sound like an  advertisement.

Bill

--- Luke Marioni <lmarioni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> a bit of a nightmare then!!!!
>
> did you have any mailboxes that crashed the migration tool for no apparent
> reason?
>
> Im trying to migrate people whose mailboxes are small and they just crash -
> its very annoying
>
> has anyone else experienced this problem??

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com