RE: migrating accounts from Exch 2000 to REMOTE Exch 2003

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:44:34 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Another migration question:  can I safely assume that the final mailbox
sizes (store sizes) will be about the same on the new Exchange 2003 that I
had on the old Exchange 2000, assuming I am migrating all content and not
adding any new content for now?  Is there any reason the store size on the
new Exch2003 will be larger than the old store size on the old Exchange
2000?

The current store size is around 10GB on the old Exchange 2000 server and
I would hate to find that the new store size now wants to be 18GB for the
same data on the new Exchange 2003 server! (especially since there is a
16GB limit).

Mike