RE: migrating PST files from Outlook to Exchange

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 12:55:40 -0400

Here's what I do in this case:

I click on the Mailbox - username so that you can't see the folders,
then go under File and Import / Export, and export the entire outlook
and its contents into a PST file.

Then create a new profile for Exchange, and reverse the steps with
importing the PST file into their new setup. This will import all the
files onto the Exchange server under their mailbox.

The only thing to watch for is if your Exchange is filtering files that
are attached to their emails, it will remove them permanently.

Andrew