Re: looking inside a PST file

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:48:51 -0500

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:23:32 -0500 (EST), A. M. Salim
<msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way of looking inside a Exmerge PST file to see what it holds?
> I am aware that there is a tool to look inside a live mailbox, but what
> about a PST file that has been exported from another Exchange server?
>
> I want to do this because some PST files created by Exmerge export do not
> apepar contain all the data when I run an import (without errors) and I
> want to confirm exactly what rsides inside the PST.

As John stated, the most standard and most appropriate tool to
open/view/manipulate PST's is Microsoft Outlook (the newer the
better).

Note: Outlook should not be installed on servers, particularly
Exchange servers.  Do not install Outlook on your Exchange server (or
any servers for that matter; client apps are for client computers).
Instead, copy the PST file to your file server or temporarily map a
drive to the Exchange server to view the PST.

...D