RE: isolating users in an ISP environment

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:58:43 -0500

Mike, Instead of removing the Authenticated users and Everyone from the
permissions list, I would suggest creating separate user groups, and add
the users to that group, add the group to the permissions list and Deny
permissions. Removing everyone and Authenticated users from the
permissions list may cause unpredictable problems. If you have three
different domains, you can create three user groups, and add the users
to the corresponding groups. Then you can add all three groups to the
default address lists and deny all permissions. Add the corresponding
groups to their own address list view and assign List contents
permissions, and add the other two groups to the address list and deny
permissions.

Regards,

Raj