inetinfo causes 100% utilization

  • From: LH <LH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:19:05 -0500

Hi,
  We're using Exchange 5.5, sp4 on an NT 4, SP6 server, also using OWA for
remote users which are few.  It has plenty of RAM (640MB) and hard drive
space (18gB).  Today the server seemed really sluggish.  After checking perf
mon I saw that inetinfo.exe was at 98% CPU utilization. Stopping and
starting the IIS Admin (& WWW publishing) seemed to solve the problem.  Does
anyone know what would cause inetinfo to go to high cpu utilization?
Couldn't find anything on Microsoft's web site.

Thanks.
LH