[ExchangeList] Re: https based oma on .local domains?

  • From: "Simon Butler" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 00:21:59 +0100

If you are using $400 certificates for your deployments then you are
throwing client money away. I use RapidSSL certificates for mine and
they work fine. With the Pocket PC devices you need to import the root
certificate but that is easily done.

Anyone who is serious about the security of their network should only be
deploying commercial certificates. It not only looks better but avoids
the security messages when users browse to the site from an internet
cafe or other machine where the certificate is not installed.

You should see what Internet Explorer 7.0 does when you access a site
with a home grown certificate.

Simon.
--
Simon Butler