[ExchangeList] Re: how to avoid highlighting URL

  • From: "Simon Butler" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 11:55:14 +0100

On a standard email there is nothing you can do as that change is being done on
the client. Outlook (and probably most other email clients) will recognise the
URL and turn it in to a clickable link automatically.

Take a look at your own email below. You didn't do anything to make
https://mail a clickable link.

What might work is sending out a HTML email message where you have locked down
the configuration of the message to make sure that the address doesn't become a
link. It will probably need to be written by hand, and using a CSS file to
ensure that URL address doesn't become active.

Otherwise you are looking at the other methods outlined below, or simply not
including a link.

Simon.

--
Simon Butler