[ExchangeList] Re: file filtering best practice?

  • From: "Teo De Las Heras" <teoheras@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 21:22:56 -0400

Is there a settings where it would block zip attachments based on an outbreak?  Normally your AV software should block any zip's with known viruses.  The risk is that a new virus comes out, propogates via zip, and noe of the AV vendors can identify.  In this case, an outbreak 'flag' would block/quarantine all zips temporarily.

Teo

On 7/25/06, Arnold, Jamie <harnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In dealing with zip files specifically, I' m wondering what is considered the "best practice "?  We simply remove the file at our edge proxy, but have been getting a little flack from a few users.  Our data shows that nearly 94% of the .zip files that come in via email are infected so I' m not likely to be convinced to allow them through.

What say you?