RE: exchange server 2000 via wingate 4.3

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 23:13:41 -0500

I am not that familiar with Wingate, but I cannot see any reason why you
could not use it, you will need an MX record that points to your External IP
address and then have port 25 forwarded to your Exchange server this will
allow SMTP traffic in, if you want people to access their mailboxes from
outside your firewall using POP3 you will need to open port 110 on your
firewall.

Here is an article that explains how to host your own SMTP mail:

Hope this helps

Mark Fugatt
MCT, MCSE, Microsoft Exchange MVP
Pentech Office Solutions Inc