RE: exchange, recipient filters and tar pit

  • From: "Ralph Haney" <rhaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:53:23 -0800

>>Harold J. Sibble wrote:

>How many folks implement recipient filtering (block all mail from accounts
>not in the AD) and the tar pit feature as per here

>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842851

>If not, why not?

>And if not, what do you do instead?

Our e-Soft firewall is doing Recipient Filtering in front of EX2k3 and I'm
looking into tar pitting at that device. Thus, filtering and tar pitting on
Exchange is not enabled. Otherwise, anything to stick it to the spammers I'm
all for... (no pun intended!) Every push of that [shift + delete] sequence
makes me cringe and smile at the same time as I visualize my strong hands
around the neck and squeezing the evil life breath out of some punk spam
author... :)

~ Ralph

--
Harondel J. Sibble