[ExchangeList] Re: exchange 2007 cluster on vmware

  • From: <GTaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 15:46:48 -0600

We stayed with physical hardware for the CCR cluster, but did use a VM for the Public Folder machine.  Giving it 2 CPUs and a bunch of memory it still seems a little under powered.  Just FYI for those that haven't done it yet, if your going to build a CCR cluster put your public folders on a seperate (non-clustered) machine before you start the install on the cluster.  We banged our heads on the wall for a long time until we figured out that the public folders store is the first one built and it cannot live on a cluster.

George Taylor
Systems Programmer
Regional Health Inc.