Re: eseutil process question

  • From: "Dominic" <emaildominic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 06:10:23 +0530

1.For getting estimate of how much you will reclaim run eseutil /ms the
result of the total should be mulitplied with 4096 . the answer will be in
MB.
2.Why are you pointing temp location , run eseutil /d from the drive where
you have enough space. if your database is 100gb you will need 110 gb free
space to run offline defrag on the drive from which you are running this
command from.
3.Before doing a offline defrag, you must have shut down the information
store gracefully. so the data base is consistent. This database does not
need any logs.any.
4. In exchsrvr\mdbdata there should be only priv.edb and pub.edb thats it.
if you have seprate location for log files make it blank( rather rename the
old mdbdata to mdbdata and create new mdbdata folder.
5. running offline defrag does not change any signature.
6.You are planning to run isinteg, run it from the bin folder. this will
correct any logical errors.
7.At the most you will get -1011 error while starting the IS, in that case
run ISINTEG -PATCH from the bin folder.It will fix the guid issue.

Dominic@india,mumbai