error when trying to rebuild Offline Address List

  • From: "Dennis Appelboom" <dennis.appelboom@xxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:08:10 +0200

Hi, I receive the following error when I try to rebuild the Offline
Address List:

Unable to create the required MAPI profile. Please verify that you have
sufficient permissions to write to the MAPISVC.INF file. ID no: c103073a
Exchange System Manager.

In the Application log, the following entry is written:

Event Type:       Error

Event Source:    MSExchangeSA

Event Category: Mailbox Management

Event ID:           9200

Date:                4/14/2005

Time:                4:24:00 PM

User:                N/A

Computer:         GSF-EXCH01

Failed to perform MAPI logon.

Well, I first checked the MAPISVC.INF file, but the permissions are not
the issue, especially as I logged in as an administrator (with full
exchange admin rights). Searching on google was not successful...

I am running a win2k3 domain with an win2k3 server running exchange 2003
SP1.

Does anyone has any experience with these errors, or knows how to solve
them?

Kind regards,

Dennis Appelboom

XB