RE: email bounced for no apparent reason

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:47:49 -0500

Is it possible that the recipient has a forward rule set that's out of date?

Check the originator's message to see to whom it was addressed including
BCC, CC, and To.  You'll need to check that mailbox sent items to see it.
If it only was sent to the recipient yet they got a bounce, check the
recipients mailbox rules and alternate recipient settings.

One way for this to occur is if the recipient has a forward rule to a custom
recipient that has a new address.

Al