[ExchangeList] doc on best praticies for delegates and travelling staff re: calendar and time zone changes

  • From: "Harondel J. Sibble" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 11:40:29 -0700

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------I've been looking
(without success) for a good document that explains best
practices for the following scenarios, where it explains how best to do it
both for the person travelling and their delegate that is modifying their
calendar.

Evironment is Exchange 2007, all users access it via RPC over HTTPS. The PC
users have Outlook 2007 while mac users have Entourage 2008.

1) Delegate has access to Executives calendar and inputs appointments
direclty for the executive

2) Executive runs Entourage 2008 on a macbookpro and is travelling in a
different time zone, same exec also has a BB connected to exchange via BES.

3) If the executive were using Outlook, I assume the same procedure would
apply as in #2, is that correct,

To make this more real, the time zones in question are office - PDT (GMT-7)
and Vietnam (GMT+7)

From what I've read, generally speaking the exec should change the OS and
Entourage and BB to the new timezone they are in.  The delegate then has to
make a mental conversion and enter a Vietnam appointment time using whatever
the equivalent PDT time would be. End result is this would show up at the
proper time for the exec in Vietnam

On the flip side, the exec just enters appointments in the local Vietnam time
and the delegate will see them in PDT time.

Is there an easier/better way to do this?

Is it possible for the Delegate to switch the delegated calendar they see so
it's on VN time so there is no issue with having to figure out the conversion
between PDT and VN time zones?

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting