RE: do I need an smtp connector to allow external clients?

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:37:10 -0400

Hi Paul

No you do not need an SMTP Connector.

Make sure your POP3 client is configured to authenticate with the outgoing
mail server.

So in Outlook Express go into Tools > Accounts, open the properties for your
mail account, click on the Servers tab and make sure you have the checkbox
checked to authenticate with the Outgoing Server.

Hope this helps

Mark Fugatt
MCT, MCSE, Microsoft Exchange MVP
Pentech Office Solutions Inc