do I need an smtp connector to allow external clients?

  • From: "Paul" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:58:31 -0600

I have exhange 2k running on wink2 k with all spks and patches.
have vs with recp policy configured and dns in vs smtp setup for internal
and ecternal dns servers.

Internally clients can connect to the server with outlook or outlook
express and send receive e-mail no problem.

when an external client trys to send e-mail they are not able to. They can
however receive no problem.

I have read and reread everything, but I am missing something here. I
before setup an smtp connector but I was then allowing relaying (hence
open relay!)

Do I need an smtp connector to allow external clients to conect and send
e-mail?

Thanx again