[ExchangeList] Re: crashing exchange 2003 server - help

  • From: Rick Boza <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:18:11 -0400

You've got a standby piece of hardware that I would stand up as a second XCHG server and move the mailboxes before I did anything else.

I'm going to guess you have a bad raid controller or moboard at this point.  I'd probably look at replacing one or both of those while hosting the mail on the temporary server.  Performance may degrade a bit depending on how underspecced it is, but much less so than the server dropping dead on a regular basis.

Rick

http://www.msexchange.org