[ExchangeList] Re: convert from pop3 to exchange

  • From: "Harondel J. Sibble" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 12:14:23 -0800

http://www.msexchange.org

On 26 Mar 2006 at 14:49, ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I don't think there's really anything that can facilitate this
SNIP
> you would have to have your users copy the contents of their .pst file
> to their mailbox so they can have access to it for webmail for
> example. However, keep in mind that if your users have more than 1GB
> of mail in their .pst and they wish to import that into their mailbox
> using cached mode, client performance will degrade as cached mode
> works optimally at less than 1GB.

Ahh, didn't realize that, well the user I want to setup first has about 750mb
stored on the Exchanger server currently.

When the user came to the westcoast office in January, I imported all the
older mail on his laptop onto the exchange server, so the only thing he will
potentially lose are any folders and mail he's moved around since that time.

However I am not all that keen on him caching 750mb over the vpn link...

I guess I could always exmerge his mailbox to an ost file, put it on dvd and
courier it over to him, would I then just have him replace the ost file on
his computer with the one on the dvd?  Would that work?
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting

MSExchange Articles and Tutorials: