company rename / new domain

  • From: "Simon Bound" <simon.bound@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:52:49 -0600

All - I ran a scenario past you the other week and (having been on leave
and now back). I have a company who have changed their name from Concavex
to Saufloncl. Currently Exchange is configured for @Concavex.co.uk in
Recipient policies. I want to change the address for all users to the new
address of @saufloncl.co.uk AND I still users to be able to receive mail
to their old @concavex addresses for around the next 2 months, so
basically john.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx will also receive  e-mail for
john.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx as well. We've registered the new domain and
have set up SMTP forwarding with the ISP  for the new address, so they
will forward e-mail for both the old and new domains.

I therefore believe I just amend the default Reipient policy and add the
new e-mail address @saufloncl.co.uk and make it the primary address. I do
not have to create another store or hack around with Exchange to
accomodate receiving e-mails for both e-mail domain names and users
collect mail for both e-mail domains from the Exchange server ?

Thanks in anticipation.