Re: antivirus products for mail relays

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:44:31 -0400

Naboth Semwayo <naboths@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am a bit dum when it comes to IIS 5 so please forgive me for the stupid
> questions. I havent had any experience with it before.
> Are there any antivirus products for mail relays like IIS5??

Check On SMTP scanning in your ScanMail configuration will perform IIS
(SMTP) scanning.

> Does IIS 5 write to event logs concerning mail delivery like Exchange or its
> just
> a text file??

If you turn on SMTP logging, then yes, it does log and it is also a text file.
Check your SMTP settings in Exchange System Manager, you will also see
where you logs are being saved.

> Can I see my queue of incoming and outgoing mails??

The queue is for emails having troubles arriving or departing. If you
watch the queue you won't see very much if there aren't any problems.

Read these:

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Logging_the_SMTP_Service.html
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/SMTP_Virtual_Server_Uncovered.html

You will feel a lot better after reading through those.

..D