adprep question

  • From: "James Dykes" <jdykes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:53:55 -0600

Just a quick question... I have Exchange 2000 running on a 2000 box and
I have a new 2003 box that I'm going to install Exchange 2003 on. Since
this is my only email server it's kind of hard to take down due to users
getting email and all. I have another server (2000) which is my domain
controller. Is it safe to run the adprep /forestprep and adprep
/domainprep utilities on the domain controller while my current Exchange
server is on and running or should I come in after hours, shut exchange
down and then run the adprep utilities?

Thanks in advance,

James