RE: active passive clustering[Scanned]

  • From: "simon whale" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:49:37 -0000

All,

I am looking into clustering for exchange using active / passive setup.
Have looked at both Google and Microsoft and have found an abundance of
information to read and I don't think much is relevant to what I am
trying to find out.  Can anybody point me to a good reference site or
book?  Or can anybody tell the answers to the following question

1.                   does clustering have to be setup on SCSI? Or can
you use IDE?

2.                   do the machines has to be identical in hardware
setup (this I believe is true but am unable to find this in black and
white)

many thanks for your help

Simon

you have received this email in error please notify admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The views expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily those of UK Data IT

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by SOPHOS AV
for the presence of computer viruses.

Web site: www.ukdatait.co.uk

Registered Office: UK Data IT House, Shrub HIll Road, Worcester, WR4 9EF
Registered Company Number: 3884834