X.400 Connector and Microsoft Echange Server 2003

  • From: J Beets <jbeets@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:24:26 +1300

Hello Exchange experts,

Markus Klein has an article: Implementing the X.400 Connector - Is It Worth
Using with
Exchange Server 2003? For us, for a potential client, it is - but can it be
implemented with the
"standard" edition?

We wish to use the X.400 connector with Exchange Server 2003 "Standard" Edition
and it
only appears to be available with the "Enterprise" Edition. One can not add a
TCP X.400
stack to the standard edition.

Is it possible to copy some files from the enterprise edition to  the standard
edition to
enable the x.400 connector? If so, which files, and where are they copied to?

In Exchange 5.5 I believe the X.400 connector files came on a disk so are
probably just a
few dll files. We want the X.400 connector capability without the other
features (and
expense) of the Enterprise edition. Is this possible?

Thanks for your help!