Why Upgrade Exchange 5.5?

  • From: Gene O'Brien <Gene@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:55:29 -0500

Hi All,

I've recently taken over a new position and am refreshing my skills that
have been dormant for a while.  :)   The company I'm with has about 40
employees, runs 3 Windows 2000 Servers -
Server #1 is Active Domain controller and primary file server
Server #2 is Exchange 5.5 server
Server #3 is Internet Web server

I'd like to get them to upgrade the Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000, but i
need some good arguments.  The line I'm hearing from them is "it works, why
upgrade it?".  Can anyone give me a few key points that would be good
reasons to upgrade?  Particular concerns of management are the massive
amounts of Spam currently being received, and overhauling their data backup
system.

Thanks for any advice and input!

Gene O'Brien
Technical Advisor