RE: What is the difference between eseutil and isi nteg .....?

  • From: "ONG Liang Bu (CSC)" <lbong@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 13:31:09 +0800

Look at this technet article Q271987
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;271987

In the article on the paragraph on recovering ...
NOTE: If it is at all possible, avoid using Eseutil in repair mode (Eseutil
/p). Eseutil, which comes with Exchange Server, is a last resort for
repairing database damage when all else fails. In repair mode, it gets a
broken database running again by simply deleting damaged pages. Eseutil
should never be used to recover data. If you do run the Eseutil /p command,
you must run the Isinteg -test alltests -fix command to restore a consistent
state.