[ExchangeList] Re: What is the best way to connect a remote power user/

  • From: Patrick <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 01:38:01 -0700 (PDT)

if exchange 2003, windows 2003 outlook 2003, then consider RPC-HTTP. I understand you dont need VPN for this

"John L. Gitzen II" <john_gitzen_ii@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am looking for advice on what is my best option for connecting a power user who works from home.  He has a separate email account as well as he is defined with an email address in my exchange.  Besides sending and receiving email, we have Fax modem cards which route faxes to him, via email.  I know OWA is one option, but my power user feels it is less powerful than standard Outlook.

This user has full Outlook, so I could turn on POP3 service, but I am wondering what that does to my local ability to backup and restore his email?

Is it possible to set up his Outlook to be able to remotely connect to my Exchange Server?

Thanks in advance for the help!
John
Technology Applied

http://mail.yahoo.com