Re: Weird SMTP Problem

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 14:35:55 -0500

On 1/9/06, Rich Gallo <RGallo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, now that I restarted SMTP on Exchange, they all pushed through.
> Barracuda support wasn't much help because they don't see anything wrong on
> their device.  I tend to believe it is Exchange because the same thing used to
> happen when I had Symantec SMTP in the place of Barracuda.  Is there any
> specific logging I should be turning on in Exchange to help pin point this
> issue?

1) Run the Exchange Best Practices Analyzer
2) Read your Exchange SMTP logs
3) Run a diagnostics logging for MSExchangeTransport -> SMTP Protocol
4) Click an read:

<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B310315>
<http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Logging_the_SMTP_Service.html>
<http://computerperformance.co.uk/exchange2003/exchange2003_logs_diagnostic.htm>

I hope this helps.

...D

--
CPDE - Certified Petroleum Distribution Engineer
CCBC - Certified Canadian Beer Consumer