Re: Weird SMTP Problem

  • From: <ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 14:29:22 -0500

One thing you might look into, it may or may not be related. I used to
send mail out to a unix smarthost. Every once in a while week or 2
weeks, the queue would start to fill up and stop sending. The only way
would be to restart smtp or re-create the connector then mail would flow
out again. After opening a case with MS, he had me configure registry
entry to supress state changes
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TransnR
outing/93366a5b-cab0-4e4e-8f8f-66282c3dafd7.mspx which stops sending
link state updates to the unix box. After this change it stops occuring.
According to MS since these link state updates are propriety and sending
them to the unix box was causing some issues. It may or may not apply to
you. I would see if Barracuda has anything to say first.