[ExchangeList] Weird AD/Exchange issue

  • From: "James Lilly" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 15:31:14 -0400

One of my clients has a weird issue:

This is an Exchange Server 2003 server, and whenever we go to add a new user
through AD Users and Computers, an old Exchange 5.5 server and Private
Information Store shows up.  I see nothing in Exchange System Manager
referencing the new server, and if you try to use the Move Mailbox wizard,
it doesn't show up their either.  It ONLY shows up on the Exchange dialog
box to create an Exchange mailbox.  There are no traces of Exchange 5.5 I
can find anywhere (no SRS, no ADC, the server has been off for over two
years, etc., etc.)

Where is this coming from,  and how can I get rid of it?  Any ideas?

Thanks;

James