RE: Virus protection strategy[Scanned]

  • From: "Brian Parker" <bparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 19:32:47 -0000

CA Etrust 7.1 - no extra cost for exchange agent or admin terminals now.
It is a bit tricky to set up, but the plus sides are :-

Excellent support
Generally reliable
Reasonable reporting - with options to increase levels of reporting
without hacking the registry
Updates patterns daily - all automated
Patches for problems/issues are fairly quick to be available

I know CA has its detractors (vbg) but I am only going from personal
experience and telling you what we have found. I am sure other people
have nightmare stories, but this is true of most products. You tell it
how it is !

Regards

Brian Parker
Senior Computing Officer